Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy New Year (and well one day in 2013!)


More on Barbara's journey at The Works and PFP!  


12.31.13 – Sore throat. Tired. Feeling yucky but to Lisa I go. 

In the past I would have felt today’s work out was awful because of my complete lack of energy and ability to go all out. I would have cancelled. I am on the edge of being bed bound but not there yet. 

I am glad I went.

I had physical therapy after. My knee is almost mended! Hurray! I hate cardio and really need to be tricked into doing it. So I can’t wait to take classes again! I end 2013 sick but happy. Excited to see what 2014 has to offer. What a mountainous and beautiful part of my journey Lisa and the Works have played.



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  

1.8.13 – It was so wonderful to see Lisa. All the snow storms and holidays are, for the most part, are behind us! Today is the first day that I haven’t taken Dayquil so I felt it a little for sure. I sweated. Not I have always been a sweaty girl but today was sick sweating out of me. I was doing lunges with holding the bar on my shoulders and I starting feeling sweat dripping from my ELBOWS! What? Are you kidding me? Wow good times. There is always something new and exciting when your exercising. Lisa, as always, had the perfect amount of, “keep going, you can do more,” and “take a rest.” I starting tracking again and I am SO eating SUPER good. It’s true. I wonder why food that is really bad for you tastes SO good and is little to no effort? We have started making foods that are yummy. It is a lot of work to enter recipes into my fitness pal. So our households new way of running. We pick out a few recipes and plan out the week of eating. Make a grocery list and enter all the recipes into my fitness pal. Then during the week the only thing we have to do is add the recipes to the day we ate them. Super cool and makes life so much easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment