Thursday, November 14, 2013

A little blip in the road.... acceptance!


New to our blog?  For now we are sharing a member's journey through the PFP!   Watch her journey unfold and feel free to share, comment, etc!  


10/4/13 – Just when the momentum starts life can slow you down. A lot. Even stop you in your tracks. This morning as I was doing a few things at the same time and my back was thrown out. I had to have my husband come home from work and take me to the chiropractor. My appointment with Lisa was for tomorrow morning at 8:30. I cannot stand up straight. AGH! This is the worst. Probably no ploys for me.


10/8/13 – Spent Friday through Tuesday morning on the couch. 

Taking muscle relaxers, icing my back and cursing this speed bump in my momentum. It is SO frustrating not to be 100%. Lisa has been so helpful through my disappointment. She advised me to focus on the diet. That was where I would be able to participate in my journey. What wonderful advice. It allowed me to take a deep breath and just focus on what I could control, what I put in my mouth, and let go of what I couldn’t, my back. Today I went to the gym and walked 25 minutes on the treadmill and stretched. A far cry from what I normally do. It felt good to start moving and be gentle on myself minus my inner berating monologue! 


Acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment