Friday, February 21, 2014

True Grit- A Member at The Works now!


I was a member at the Works about 11 years ago, when I was pregnant with my first son, the only exercise I was permitted to do was swimming and light cardio.  The facility has received quite a face lift over the past ten years.  I am so thoroughly impressed by how clean and friendly the atmosphere is.  Patrons and staff are quick to share a friendly smile, alleviating any intimidation I may have felt upon entering the gym. 

When I was taken on the tour of the gym couldn’t believe all the programs and classes available for adults AND children.  I feel kind of like a kid in a candy shop, unsure of what I want to try first.  I am excited for the challenges and change ahead of me, and even more excited to have the opportunity to share my experience with all of you.

I’m sure a lot of you have similar lofty goals and challenges, and I invite you to join me on this ride.  I will be straight forward with my challenges and how I overcome them, IF and When I do.  I thoroughly understand that life changes are difficult, and that consistency and determination is the only way to carry thru to reach the end of any goal.

My journey starts at home, scheduling in workouts, and the hardest part, cleaning up my diet.  I work from home, which is already a huge issue… temptation.  Eating a clean diet, while getting meals together for my children, is so hard.  Not to mention the fact that my emotions always run hot when my kids test me, from the morning arguments, trying to get them on the bus in time, to the homework battles when they get home.  It is constant stress. 

Social eating is another battle.  We happen to be very social people, and there always seems to be another event or party in my schedule, which is just a ticket to destroying my healthy living choices with tempting snack foods and drinks.  I admit it, I am weak.

Being prepared with my meals ahead of time is always a big one for me.  Whenever I have had my greatest successes it was when my meals were pre-planned and prepared ahead of time.  Unfortunately I would rather have my teeth pulled than spend time in the kitchen.  That, I suppose, is just another excuse.

I’m not fooling myself; I know that life changes are difficult.  I just have to keep in mind my reasons for wanting change. 

If you have never been to the Works, I recommend that you take a tour to see what this gym has to offer you.  If you’re a member, keep an eye out for me, stop and say hello, I would love to hear your story, what has worked for you or what your challenges are.  I hope to see you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment