Saturday, June 21, 2014

Jesse- The Early Morning Challenge! The "No-Snooze" Method!

It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom.”
~Aristotle


“I would have it inscribed on the curtains of your bed and the walls of your chamber: “If you do not rise early you can make progress in nothing.” ~William Pitt Chatham


“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle, or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you better start running.” ~Thomas L. Friedman

 

Yawn! Streeeeetchhhh! No Mom! I don’t want to go to school today!......


Wait, what? Oh I must have been dreaming. I need to get up and get going. It’s early, so I can get to the gym and start my day off right. I’ll be able to get so much done ‘cause I am up so early.


^^^HA! If only I thought that way^^^ It’s more like Yawn! Snooze button…..Yawn! Snooze button….Yawn! Snooze button.

However, I really do want to wake up early to start my day. It has been something I have been working on since the beginning of the year. Some days I make it but most days I don’t. Having to get up early to meet Devon for training helps but that’s only a couple days a week, I want it to be 7 days a week.

So what to do to fix this? What can I do? Hmmmm. Doing it on my own seems to not be working. I have strong will power but my will power to stay in my comfy bed wins against my will to be up early.

Hmmmm. I think I need a challenge. Who should I challenge and what should that challenge be?


Here comes Sandy, you all know Sandy right? My fellow blogger, Sandy! You’ve been reading her blog too, right? If not, you better start. Just sayin’.


Sandy informed me that she too would like to start early in the day but has a hard time making herself get up and at ‘em. The she came up with a brilliant idea for a challenge…


We both have to get up at 5am and send each other photo evidence that we are awake and moving. We already started on the 20th, I sent her a picture that I was up typing this blog and she sent me one while she was taking a walk outside, all by 515 in the morning. 


Yes you read that right, she hit the road with some exercise and I…. got on my computer. But hey, we got up early instead of hitting that snooze button!


So our goal is to make sure we text each other every morning to get up early and start our days. I think this is a good challenge for both of us because we get to totally razz each other if we slack in any way and we will reward ourselves eventually for sticking with the new routine.


See you in the gym! (Bright and early, right?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment