Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pumping Iron... with Jesse ;)


A lesson learned in intensity. 

That’s the biggest lesson I have learned from my first week doing FitWorks. I went in with the knowledge that I wasn’t working as hard as I could be, what I didn’t know was exactly how hard I could work. During my first session with FitWorks Lily didn’t hesitate to make me work harder. If I was doing something to easy she made it harder for me. She also took no pity on any possible excuses I might have had. I had done a pretty vigorous weight training session the day before my last session for this week. No one ounce of pity, she made me do the work anyway. I guess that’s the point, do the work anyway. If you won’t do the work, you won’t get what you want. That work has to be as intense as it needs to be.

It’s funny, I have been watching Pumping Iron with Arnold Schwarzenegger (Yes, Arnold again) and I have come to admire the intensity of the work he needed to do to win his 6th Mr. Olympia. If you haven’t seen the movie, you should it’s a gem. It’s a great documentary that shows Arnold's work leading up to and eventually winning that 6th title. In it you will see the level of intensity that is required to get the job done. It’s not to say all of have to be as intense as him but it does mean that we could all go a little harder than we push our own selves to do. 

Thanks to Lily I know (and my body knows, ouch) that I can push a little harder than I think I can.
Next week is the second week of FitWorks and it promises to be tougher than the first week. I welcome it with open arms (If I can even move my arms after!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment