Thursday, December 19, 2013

November in 24 hours?! OK! Jack Bauer Style!

We were fortunate to have Barbara writing for us at the onset of her program but were able to start blogging a month later so as a special Holiday treat- we'll catch you up to her MIDWAY check-in!   So in the next 24 hours watch for November to fly by!  

What are you doing to stay healthy this holiday season???


From Barb:


11/1/13 – This workout with Lisa was awesome. For the first time I felt like I could do everything to the best of my ability. I had to change a few things for my back but it wasn’t a big deal at all. I feel awesome. Slowly but surely I am getting fitter and stronger.

I am struggling with my mind. There are so many aspects of becoming healthy. Eating, strength, weight, the way clothes fit, exercises, strength, etc. I can feel good about one aspect and struggle with another. The changes in my body are different then they have been before. I have done fasting, detox diets and then the physique challenge. Huge weight drop for a little while and then back it comes. With the challenge I was never in the right mind set. As soon as I was “done” I was really done. I ate anything and everything. In one way I have no regrets because I was able to spend the whole summer with my daughter and never think about what I was or wasn’t eating. The part that makes me a little frustrated is that now I have somewhere I want to get back to. I don’t want to maintain where I am. I want to drop and get to where I am comfortable. I am not dieting. I am choosing a healthy lifestyle. Great because the changes I am making are for the long haul. Frustrating because the numbers don’t drop, things don’t fit as quickly as I would like. The mind is the hardest part of this whole process. I am not used to or good at being nice to myself. Is where I was when I won the challenge realistic to get back to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment