Monday, April 7, 2014

Jesse: Don't let Excuses Fool You!


Now a bit from Jesse about last week.


What a rough week, at least in the beginning. Being very tired with a lot on my plate, I didn’t focus on my goal as much as I had been. A few things slacked. I didn’t pay attention to what I was eating and I didn’t put a full effort into my workouts.

                I was too distracted. Ah no worries, I’ll do better tomorrow. I’m tired.

                These were the excuses that I gave myself at the beginning of the week. Then I realized what they were, excuses. I don’t have room for excuses; I have been using them for as long as I can remember. I woke up, got dressed, and said “Don’t let those excuses fool you, they will keep you from your goal”.

                I sat down and re-read the goals that I had written down for myself (you should write your goals down!) and said “These are what I want”. The drive came right back and I took off my plate the things that were causing me to use the excuses.

                It may have only been a couple of lousy days but a couple can turn into a few and then a bunch, if you let them. I refuse to let them!
                Stay tuned, kids. Big changes are coming.

                See you in the gym!!! If there is anything you’d like to hear from me about this journey, feel free to leave a comment below or ask me at the club. I will do my best to tell you about it. 


Boom! Poster up in the living room on the way to the kitchen. 

To serve as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment