Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sandy: Laughter, Smiles and Gratitude Today


I wasn’t feeling it today.  It is rare that you would find me without a smile spread across my face when I am at the gym, because typically, when I got there, I would find a rhythm and get into my workout.  

Today marks the one-year anniversary of the 2013 Boston Marathon. 

I forced my way from bike to weights, pushing myself to just make it thru a workout.  It wasn’t till the end of my workout that my mood began to shift.  It wasn’t the fact that I was done, or that I had accomplished what I had set out to do.  It was the people that caused the change in me.  

I saw three ladies chatting; their bond of friendship so obvious to any onlooker, and it warmed my heart as I watched them huddled together.  I saw a group of happy, sweaty people emerging from a Hip Hop Class.

I could hear laughter in the hall from a small group of people gathered to work out together.  And of course, I owe a bit of gratitude to the happy, smiling people at the front desk. 

I am glad that I forced myself to come today, instead of allowing myself to sit at home, listening to the wind and brooding over the dark clouds and rain.  Sometimes we just need a little nudge to get us going in the right direction. 

I want to thank all of these strangers who influenced my day, who brightened my mood and re-instilled my faith.



Trivia Question of the week:  I am walking very briskly, I pass a window, a recumbent bicycle and I hear the sounds of a game being played.  Where am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment