Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sandy: The Reps Kept Coming!


Les Mills Body Pump

I like to play roulette when I come into the gym, I say to the people at the front desk “What classes have openings?” and then I randomly choose a class to jump into.  Spontaneity, it’s a fun way to live and I try to practice it every day. 

So today I was able to scoop up the last available space in the Les Mills Body Pump class.  Well I can wrap this write-up with one word.  

“OUCH!”  

I have some new respect for the attendees of this class. First of all, I walk in, and the room is PACKED!  Everyone is standing in front of a bench with a matt, there is a bar loaded with weights, extra weights on the side and hand weights. 

I must have looked like a deer in the headlights when I walked in cause I didn’t have a clue what to do or where to go.  A friendly patron who took me under her wing, directing me to a bench and helping me choose the appropriate weight set for the class.  

My Motto?  Just jump right in and go with the flow, and that is exactly what I did.  Speed and good form are very important in this class.  It’s funny because when I started I thought to myself “Did I take enough weight?” Then the reps kept coming and coming and before you know it, my muscles were screaming “Why on EARTH did you get off the couch this morning?  I was perfectly happy on the couch!!!”

I can say that in most classes the goofy grin can remain on my face for pretty much the whole time.  Les Mills not only challenged my muscles but my concentration as well so my smiles were few today. I had to focus on my form, then really hone my brain in to focus on making it through till the final repetitions in each set. 

Overall it was an excellent class.  The instructor definitely kept the class rolling and challenging.  I had a great time, even though my smiles were scarce, and when I was done I felt truly accomplished. 
Thank you fellow patrons, for making me feel welcome, and thank you to the beautiful instructor who kept a smile on her face, reminding me that I’m here for a reason and for that I should be proud.

Sandy – 1         Couch – 0                    I win!!  


A New time!  Trial for 8 weeks!  Don't forget to call ahead to reserve your spot! 


No comments:

Post a Comment